Rusagonis Baptist Church’s beginnings date all the way back to September, 1833, when a group of 21 individuals led by Brother George Garraty (a school teacher from Lincoln), felt the need for a Christian church to be established in Rusagonis.
The original name of the church was the *Rushagornish Free Christian Baptist Church.
Since that time, the church has seen many changes, including construction projects, church plants, name changes, and different approaches to ministry. But the message of the love of God through Jesus Christ has never changed.
On November 20, 1997, in order to accommodate a growing ministry, the church family relocated to it’s current location at 4 Whittaker Rd, where we now enjoy a contemporary, accessible facility, with ample space for our many activities.
*Note: The name Rusagonis (“where the rushing waters meet”) has gone through many spelling changes over the years. In addition to the current spelling, historical records sometimes read “Rushagornish” and even “Russiagornish”.